- According to the imdb's trivia page, it is a common misconception, one which I held, that Happy Days is based on American Graffiti. Happy Days is really a full version of a Love American Style sketch from before American Grafiti's release.
- Saipan is an island in the Marianas. Japan controlled it during World War II, but only from 1914 until the United States invaded. Before that, it was controlled by a series of European occupiers, who wiped out the native population.
- While the Magna Carta did establish limits on the regent's power, and specifically states that legal judgetment or law breaking is required for punishment or imprisonment, there is no specific reference to Habeas Corpus, with the term first appearing in use 90 years later.
- Paper Moon was released in 1973; Tatum O'Neal was born in 1963. That is pretty different from what I said (1970/1978, I think).
- The hottest outdoor ambient temperature was recorded not at Death Valley, but in Al'Aziziyah, Libya, at 58.0 C (136.4 F).
- The Charge of the Light Brigade was during the Crimean War, not the Franco-Prussian War.
- Crimson and Clover is sung by Tommy James & the Shondells. I was never going to guess that; if anything, it makes me want to find some of their stuff. When asked who sang it, I said 'Some supergroup, I think, you know, like Fleetwood Mac, but not them', not a category in which I would place the Shondells.
Monday, May 16, 2005
corrections
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can understand the mistake about people thinking Happy Days being a result of American Grafitti. The similar cast, the time period plus the opening song that Happy Days used for the first two seasons was 'Rock Around the Clock' which was the same song used to open American Grafitti.
ReplyDeleteReally, Ron Howard is playing the same character. The Fonz might as well be John Milner and Ralph and Potzie are really Richard Dreyfuss and Terry the Toad.
At least they didn't crib from 'More American Grafitti'
--MING