- Astro Teller as born with a normal name, and his grandfather was involved in the Manhattan project, not his father.
- Thomas Crapper's name is merely an aptonym, not the actual origin of the word.
- Black and Decker didn't go out of business in 2009; they were purchased by Stanley and continue somewhat independently.
- Trader Vic's is a chain and there are plenty of them left. The original moved to Emeryville.
- The moon is about 240 thousand miles away.
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Thursday, August 17, 2017
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
- I listen to two podcasts regularly from NPR, Planet Money and All Songs Considered, and somehow confused Stephen Thompson with one of the correspondents on Planet Money.
- Heath Ledger did win for Best Supporting Actor in 2008, the middle of a triplet of villains - 2007 was Javier Berdem as Anton Chigur and 2009 was Christoph Waltz as Col. Landa.
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Friday, March 29, 2013
- Chick Corea (note the spelling) was a member of Miles Davis' band.
- Graham Chapman, the only Graham in the group, is the only deceased member of Monty Python.
- Greek Easter follows the Gregorian calendar, not the Julian calendar. While the last few years this has put Greek Easter off by a week from Western orthodox Easter, this year it is off by five weeks.
Friday, December 07, 2012
Monday, May 14, 2012
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
- The commanders of the Babylon Five were Jeffrey Sinclair and John Sheridan. The series creator was Joseph Michael Straczinsky.
- The article I was thinking of was about cyclists, not runners.
- I also confused Clipper City with Rogue. I bet the Clipper City guy would be upset with me about that.
- The book was Cat's Cradle.
Sunday, September 04, 2011
- Turkish delight is commonly served coated in chocolate.
- Somehow, 97% of the worlds vanilla beans (not vanillan) comes from Madagascar.
- Deconvolute is totally the word for that.
- Similarly, I was thinking of hermetic, not hermeneutic (a principle of interpretation, and not even an adjective).
- My keyboard only has 56 keys.